- Soliciting grants from foundations
- Donations of time and services by medical volunteers
- Major donors such as the Jr. League of Austin and Toyota
- Fundraising events
- In-kind donations of medical supplies
- Donations from the general public
And we work very hard to ensure that most of the funds we raise are used to provide these medical services to children whose parents would not otherwise be able to afford them. In fact, eighty-five percent (85%) of the funds we raise are used to provide medical services that support our mission. Only fifteen percent (15%) of the funds we raise are used for administrative or fundraising purposes.
We are able to achieve these results because:
- Austin Smiles has only two full time and one part time paid staff members.
- Medical volunteers (doctors, nurses, etc.) receive no payments from Austin Smiles.
- Doctors and board members pay 100% of their own expenses on medical missions.
- Other medical mission volunteers provide a $600 mission sponsorship fee to partially cover their expenses.
- We have a large number of community volunteers, primarily from the Jr. League of Austin.
- 60% of the Board of Directors are from Austin's business community.
We need your continued support. Please, donate now!